Be it ancient Greece or Hollywood, thick eyebrows have always gone hand in hand with beauty standards across all centuries and geographical regions. Thick, well-shaped eyebrows provide you with a more enhanced look, whereas sparse and thin eyebrows can cause you to appear older and dull. Threading over plucking, or waxing can lead to thinning eyebrows, reasons that are all too common. Sometimes, thin eyebrows are also a result of the nutritional deficiencies, poor cosmetic application, aging process, or medical conditions such as alopecia areata, eczema, and hypothyroidism. Aggressive medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation are known to cause hair loss, which also includes the brow line.
However, if your eyebrows are too thin, you needn’t worry! This problem can be tackled easily using some very effective but not all that popular natural home remedies. Following are the top 10 ways to achieve the best results right at home.
One of the most powerful remedies to enhance the growth of your eyebrows (or actually any bodily hair) is by using castor oil. It is known to contain antioxidants, fatty acids proteins, and essential vitamins, which are necessary and absolutely essential to nourish hair follicles; which are responsible for promoting hair growth. Additionally, it helps resist microorganisms that are responsible for hampering eyebrow-hair growth.
- Take a cotton swab and dip in pure castor oil; apply it on each of your eyebrows.
- Gently massage your eyebrows with your fingertips for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave the oil on for at least a minimum time period of 30 minutes or maximum – overnight.
- Use a mild cleanser and lukewarm water to clean out the oil.
- Repeat this process once a day for a few weeks until you get your desired results.
Note: If the castor oil causes any irritation or burning, stop using it immediately.